Music Banter - View Single Post - Multi-instrumentalists
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
How much time did you put into it? Ain't nobody picks up their first instrument as a virtuoso, not even Coltrane or Hendrix. The learning curve varies a lot from person to person of course.
Keyboard I could play, though not well. You heard some of my stuff. Pretty damn awful, right? Guitar? Hell: I couldn't even push the strings down on the acoustic so like, thirty seconds maybe? If you're actually interested and this isn't all just leading up to yet another put-down (which, to be fair, I wouldn't blame you for as a) I'm always slagging your music and b) my "music" could strip the paint from walls and send strong men crying for their mommies), the main problem I found was - was - what was it? I can't remem - oh yeah. I have a terrible memory. I would learn songs, then forget them. Even now, put me at a keyboard and I could muddle my way through, but don't ask me to play anything recognisable. Melody, maybe. Chords, no. Also I never got the hang of the two-hands-doing-separate-things style, so could not really be called anything like a piano player.