Music Banter - View Single Post - kendrick lamar
Thread: kendrick lamar
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #315 (permalink)
Mindfulness
Be aware of the psyop

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
So, I just wanted to come here and express how f*cking pissed I am about that whole incident with the girl this guy invited up on stage to sing one of his songs and then stopped her in the middle of the song because she was foolish enough to, you know, sing the lyrics to his song. I find that either a) he was being malicious and wanted to embarrass a young woman in front of a massive audience or b) he was stupid for inviting a white person to sing lyrics of a song of his that has the lyrics he doesn't want a white person signing. Either way, I felt it reflected much worse on him that it did on the poor girl. I get that black people don't like to be addressed as "n*ggas" by white people, but this is a very specific situation that could have been avoided and/or handled in a more gracious way. Also, I can't imagine that millions of his white fans are going *bleep* every time the word comes up in his lyrics when they're rocking to them at home. You put that word in your goddamn lyrics, now f*cking deal with it. SO wish I was that girl at that moment so I could shoot this arrogant f*cker down. THAT IS ALL. RANT OVER.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote