Music Banter - View Single Post - Give YD albums to quickly review while he does boring stuff at work
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
simplephysics
you know what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Magnetic Fields - Holiday recommended by Dreadnaught

Did I listen to the whole thing?: Yes

General thoughts: This was a lot synth-ier than i was expecting. I don’t really have many complaints about the songwriting or production, the only frustration is just that his vocal range is so minimal that it’s hard for any of his melodies to stand out. Even Matt Berninger can write vocal melodies that stand out in my head, whereas I feel like this album featured the same three notes sung on every track. I can’t even name a favorite track because none of them stuck out. But again the songs themselves are well written and enjoyable.

Favorite tracks: Genuinely can’t name one, nor would I be able to name a least favorite

Rating: 6/10
That's very fair. Their older stuff is very synth heavy and doesn't highlight stephin merritt's song writing ability or plays off of his voice as well as some of the later albums. I still love it though. It might take a few listens for it to start to sink in. Thanks for playing at least.

I'm still in Indy but graduated from IUPUI thank the high heavens.
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote