Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's weekly self torture thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Thanks, there's some good stuff to work with there.

Ok, so I got through that yes album and am currently following Rubbersouls lead by listening through Hawkwind's debut album.

Some thoughts:

Yes - Fragile

Didn't actually make me feel much at all. Strange experience. I'm even a slight bit drunk, which usually makes me way more willing to absorb new impressions, but this album just kinda slips off my brain like water off a duck's back. Didn't make me feel a thing. The last track, America, did have some energetic guitar work and it was nice to hear something with a familiar melodic sensibility, even if it was basically some kind of country rock and I'm not really into country (yet).

Shrug. Hopefully I'll like Yes better if I go through another album a bit later.

Hawkwind - Hawkwind

These are not reviews, but reactions, so I might post the same cover several times to add some more thoughts. I'm about halfway through this album so far and it is leaving a waaaay bigger impression on me already than that Yes album did. This album is really atmospheric and sonically interesting to listen to. Some tracks even felt pretty trippy. This band just oozes with personality when placed right next to Yes, but of course this is still early impressions.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote