Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 04:02 AM   #12953 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Wow, I missed all the fun again. Have a political argument. What could possibly happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Chuck Schumer called Russia America’s Number One enemy today

Absolutely ****ing moronic
More like ironic. Thirty years ago it would have been Barry Goldwater saying the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
If the only goal the Russians had was to diminish Clinton then they succeeded. But they couldn't get Bernie Sanders as nominee so betting on Trump was a decent Plan B once they saw that 'ol Jeb wasn't going to cut it in the primaries. Do you really think they thought Trump would win though? They watched the same news channels as everyone else and, contrary to what my liberal friends seem to believe, did not have the magical power to reach anyone outside of Facebook with their Ruskie mind control rays.
I think basically the Russians wanted to stop Clinton regardless of who was running against her. I also think they're trying to disrupt the American process as best they can (more Republicans= more discord from all sides). I'm not sure the Russians would be in line with Bernie Sanders today. I'm not even sure where Russia even is ideologically speaking these days

Quote:
According to data from ANES and CCES, somewhere between 11% to 15% of everyone who voted for Obama in 2012 voted for Trump in 2016. Welcome to the real world.

Which tells you just how despised Hilary Clinton was/is. We don't vote on the issues; we vote on personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
independents (as a whole) have no principles and are swayed by dumb **** every election
Disagree. Most of the independents I know tend to lean right but they also tend to be disgusted by the Republican party. They're not evangelicals. I think they're kind of Libertarian actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Ya, you've already showed your true colors in regard to me. You should have banned yourself for that granddaughter comment. That was so far below the belt it was ridiculous. But, you hold the ****ing power at the end of the day, right? And the rules here suit the mods, and the mods only.

Ban away buddy. Hypocrisy knows no bounds.
(sigh)

Quote:
He also has a bad habit of personally insulting people at the start of a discussion for no good reason. In the entire time I've been on this forum (and I've been here a long goddamn time lol), I have never said a single untoward thing about his family, not even in jest. Yet he's quick to dehumanize me at the drop of a hat despite the things we have in common (we're both in business and (as far as I can see anyway) good at what we do, even like a lot of the same music). Sad but typical.

Chula basically has a bad temper. He's actually a pretty good guy, but he is pretty militant in his views. I don't always agree with him either (I'm a lefty who can't stand Hillary Clinton). Anyway, I wish Chula would think before he lashes out. It's easy to lose your temper, but it's better to keep it in check. Anyway, I'm glad he only got a day.

Because we need our Led Zeppelin fanboy
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote