Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks About This Genre: Prog Rock Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default What Sucks About This Genre: Prog Rock Edition

Robbing another of Batty's ideas and putting a slight twist of my own on it. Seems appropriate, given MicShazam's tirade against the genre, that we kick off with this one, my own particular favourite.

So, what do you hate about Prog Rock?

Note: nobody should get pissy, butthurt, indignant or precious about their favourite genre if it's featured. Not everyone likes the same things you do, some may even hate them, and anyway this is all supposed to be in fun. So cool your jets and just go with the flow.

In another twist on Batty's idea, I'll be putting up a poll, so that we can see which ends up being voted the suckiest genre of all. Poll options will be simple: 1-5, where 1 is you don't hate, may even love the genre, to 5, meaning you'd happily wipe it off the Earth.

Oh, and further note: "genre" also includes "sub-genre", but it's a pain to write that in the thread title, so by all means we can do, say Black Metal, IDM, Celtic Punk, Free Jazz etc as separate threads in time.