Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks About This Genre: Classical Music Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
There's actually a good tradition in classical for putting expressive play over boring, mechanical precision, so I think a lot of musicians could learn from that. Not least metal drummers and guitarists.

But I'm supposed to tear the classical down, so...

Maybe there's an over reliance on playing the "greats" for the 10.000th time instead of covering more obscure and/or recent material. I guess that's to be expected. People want to hear the famous stuff.

I'm bad at this. I don't know enough yet to really have any complaints. A lot of the stuff from 1500 to 1700ish is kinda dull though... I tend to like the religious pieces better when from this time period. The fancy entertainment written for the elites is less amazing. But it's a hugely broad slice of time, so it's bound to be a downright retarded simplification. You don't have to tell me that.
No, you don't have to. You can say it doesn't suck and why it doesn't. Just as valid, ie what sucks about classical? Nothing, it's cool. And you vote 1. Up to you.