Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks About This Genre: Black Metal Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

I mean...I don't wanna be the guy that says "drone does it better" but, umm...drone does it better. >_>. And I can say that, because I play Blackened Drone. That could just be my age and experience getting to me though. I don't have the aggression I did in my youth. Plus, there's a **** ton of *******s in the world of Black Metal, like an overwhelming amount. These days, if I kick on Black Metal it's either my friends bands, or bands I got into before I started doing it more professionally. It tends to be a little bit harder to do in the Southeast U.S. BUT, also at the same time I've met some really amazing musicians and genuinely good and nice people along the way as well. It can be a frustrating thing to really be a part of, I guess. I've mostly fallen back into psychedelic rock, and early experimental Industrial/Noise. Classical, Jazz, and Folk are all interesting things to me to explore as well. The world of the Black Metal underground is like a family...a really ****ed up dysfunctional family, but a family never the less. I love the Hell out of it, I've been playing the **** literally half my life (15 years) as of this year. I think I'm just...reaching my limits of interest with it? I'll always love it, and I'll go back to it I'm sure, but it's very difficult to do where I'm at, and it takes a lot more resources than I really have. Plus, I love progressive genre-blending. I think the evolution of music is very important, and I like the idea of being able to look at sound from as many perspectives as possible.