Music Banter - View Single Post - JTF's Own Personal Artistic Hell Gauntlet
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #64 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Get Out

For one too many months, it was always in the back of my mind this film could possibly not be as good as it's known for being. That somewhere far far away it's shot in a manner I didn't deem artful enough. Seemed to lack any pinache. In other words it all seemed very amateur hour. I always turned it off provoked in thought, but never appreciating it for the way it was filmed. I blamed Peele. If we're being honest, I was disappointed.

Now at the same time, I was happy to see him holding the oscar for best original screenplay. Never once did I think the story wasn't incredible. Sort of this strange (hate to say it) post race thriller where we find out **SPOILER** white people don't actually hate black people, they love them.** What I'm building up to is this: I was wrong. Watching it the other night with the ol' flatmates showed me more than I've ever seen from it before. The damn film is damn near perfect. Not many perfect films, although they do exist, but no way did I ever think I'd come to this conclusion. I always wonder why my mind flips on things I fail to appreciate sooner. So yes it's completely brilliant and not in the slightest overrated like my 22 year old body once thought, or whenever the hell it was released.

Get Out has everything going for it. An incredible screenplay, fine acting specifically Daniel Kaluuya. For Christ sake he is this film. It squarely rests on those black shoulders of his, and Get Out would be nothing without him. Not surprised he didn't win his deserved nomination though, god forbid someone play Winston Churchill for the 11th time. I digress, I sympathize with his character the whole way through, which is a testament to how incredible he is in this part. So it's got that. Ensembles nothing I can flick my nose at either. The editing too, holy shit. Those tense moments where creepy horror music strings play while something very awful happens are timed perfectly. This beef though that I hold always comes to the same thing, and it regards the cinematography. The most important part.

I've learmed to love it I suppose, but maybe Peele should find another DP and make his future films look a little more like poetry. Interpret that as best you can, but it makes sense to me and it still doesn't hinder what equal parts brilliance it's got on display at all. If you told me the shorter black guy from Key and Peele was going to wind up making a modern day Hitchcock film, I'd probably of believed you. A

I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote