Music Banter - View Single Post - So, do I belong here or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #62 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Thanks for trying to explain the problem, Batlord. As others have suggested, it's beginning to look like an over-analysed storm in a teacup to me. Nevertheless, I can't quite avoid topping up the teacup with another splash of analysis:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Well we were pointing out that Rubber Soul seemed to be showing subconscious racial bias as opposed to outright racism. Dismissing that out of hand and then trying to pass it off as normal for older folk is exactly the kind of thing that keeps subconscious racial biases around, which can be frustrating even if the person specifically being spoken to isn't necessarily showing any real lack of character, just lack of self-awareness.
(i) Imputing someone for subconscious racial bias based on MB posts sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. As we all know, based on the words of a post, it's often hard enough just to tell what's a joke and what's a serious comment, let alone something as subtle as subconscious bias.
(ii) I understand that coming up against subconscious racial bias can be frustrating. It's a pity that YD didn't spell that out as clearly, as dispassionately, as you have just done when he posted:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Aw damn we were all loving your prejudiced uneducated posts and lack of contribution towards anything musical
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Especially since well-meaning people like you question whether we're not just imagining things (not a shot at you, just saying). YorkeDaddy is certainly a cock goblin though.
^ I appreciate the bit in brackets, thanks. Now I'm left wondering what on earth a "cock goblin" is.