Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #54052 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
My dad is a longtime conventional Republican climate change denier and we've had a lot of discussions about it which usually boils down to him reiterating a theory that his scientist buddy (a biologist btw) told him in 2005. One day it was blazing hot and he said "I think that Frownland might be right about the whole global warming thing". I looked at him and told him that referencing temporary local weather patterns is an unscientific way to confirm or disprove a theory like climate change. He's still a climate change denier. Oh well.
Yeah, you have to look at the development over a long period of years to confirm a real trend in weather changes. I just think that some of these odd irregularities we've had in Danish weather (every season, basically) over the last two years make even a lot of the doubters pay attention, since it's obvious that something isn't going quite the way it usually does.

Flowers blossoming and birds chirping in late winter, sustained warm and dry weather for over a month during the usually very unimpressive Danish summer, a mild fall season where we usually have storm warnings, etc. Plus news of the unusual weather in Sweden, Norway, at Svalbard island, etc.

Something is up for sure, unless it's a bunch of crazy coincidences. Even people who usually deny that anything is going on seem worried now. My dad also used to shake his head at all those predictions about climate change in the news. Not anymore.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote