Music Banter - View Single Post - Should we take this gig? Don't want to sell out.
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
dmusician
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
If you wanna make money in the music industry, your only option is selling out. Almost no one makes it to the profitable level of the industry without selling out somehow.
I just don't want people (future clients specially) to get a bad impression of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
doesn't sound like a sell out sounds like a one off gig to raise money for your original music

I'd have fun with it, maybe if these things become a regular thing, you'll need to evaluate whether you took the easy route, and if it's distracting you from your art
It would really help, money-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
"proper" musicians can learn acoustic covers by ear

most popular songs are made with one out of a pretty small selection of chord progressions
Acoustic is not really our style, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I don’t think Metallica could do a full set of acoustic covers unless they practiced and learned them.

But then again i guess that is what session musicians and tonight show bands do
We could do covers just not acoustic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It's not a sell out. It's just for one night, right? You don't think this is the permanent direction the band is taking?

If it's not some private party at a house, or if it's at a place that isn't a venue for nu metal & alt-Rock then don't worry too much about whether or not you will keep the engagement. If it's a done deal and it's a venue that books nu metal bands like yours, then don't cancel out of it. You don't want a reputation for being a no-show for that kind of venue. Just be more aware and more careful what gigs gets booked.
I don't want to get a bad reputation to be honest. We might fail to meet their expectations.
dmusician is offline   Reply With Quote