Music Banter - View Single Post - Does Death Grips Suck?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Default Does Death Grips Suck?

Quick answer: No.

Long answer: Depends on who you are. I've known tons of people (mostly chicks) who are pretty much repulsed by Death Grips. I always ask what they don't like about them and usually the answer I get is "It's too loud", "It's not even rap", "lyrics are scary" etc etc. I won't generalize though, some girls I've met love the DG.

I guess it takes a special kind of person who can enjoy Death Grips on a higher level. We can look past the memes and weird fans and see them as this decades finest band who've also somewhat reached mainstream appeal. Believe it or not, The Powers That B reached #72 on the Billboard charts.

Ride's insane lyrical couplets, harsh hardcore guttural screams, Flatlanders ecstasy riddled neo-futurists beats, Zach Hills synthetic processed drumming might come off a little strange to some, but they've somehow managed to control the airwaves based on their own DIY culture they cultivated for themselves. Death Grips doesn't come off to me as a band who will last forever, maybe another album tops. The impact they've slaughtered across their respective landscape is unshakable though.

So no. Death Grips does not suck. You suck if you think Death Grips sucks.
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote