Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 09:54 PM   #10662 (permalink)
Key

Pit People

Went ahead and picked this up tonight and I can already tell I'm going to love this one. This is such a creative take on the strategy style RPG concept. Pit People is what I just said, an action packed RTS style game with some RPG elements thrown in. So far, I've seen that the overworld works much like Final Fantasy in that everything is small until you react to it and sometimes it's a battle, sometimes it's not. Really cool take on that sort of thing. This game came out quite a while ago and I remember Northernlion saying he loved it because it was a unique twist on the strategy style genre, and I definitely agree. It's got a lot of interesting comedy thrown in and the voice acting is fantastic. The art style is much like Don't Starve but it's pretty evident that it's meant to be a bit of a joking style of it. But again, it really works. The combat is what you'd expect from an RTS, but it's done much like Civ games where the battle is taking place right there and you have to each react to each others choice of moves. Yes, I'm aware that everyone knows what strategy is. But yeah. It's fun. I'd recommend it if you have a strategy game itch and you just don't quite want the intensity of Civ 6.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote