Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #10668 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I've tried GTA V a few times but each time, I feel like I'm playing a knocked down version of Saints Row. Especially Saints Row The Third. The 4th one is really ****ing good though especially when you start to get your powers and you feel like an unstoppable badass traveling across rooftop to rooftop.

I'll also feel like Saints Row is what GTA wishes it could be.
I don't think I'll come back to GTA 5 as much as SR4 but it's still amazing. The characters are great (well, the guy in witness protection and the crazy guy are great), the story line is as engaging as people try to get me to believe GTA 4 was supposed to be, the world is so breathtakingly rendered and loaded with sheer cool stuff that comparing the two games is kind of embarrassing, the missions aren't as bat**** but they're still done better, and in general it's just a way better game in a technical sense.

But Saints Row 4 is one of those games like Deadpool which was clearly made for me by people like me and it has my heart. After all these years just moving around the city still hasn't gotten old and I don't know that it ever will. And as well written and voice acted as some of the characters in GTA 5 are they aren't as ****ing lovable as Kinzie, Johnny Gat, Shaundi (both versions), Pierce, and the Boss. And ****ing Keith David playing Keith David as your Vice President.

Both games are 5/5.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote