Music Banter - View Single Post - So, do I belong here or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #207 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Majority privilege is a completely misleading term that tip toes around the idea that it's a racial topic. Pointing out that places like Japan and Africa don't have the same race relations as us does not mean that it's not racial. Yes, majorities do tend to have the same advantages where ever you go, but right here in America the reasons are completely out of racial bias. It's not a religious issue, it's not a political identity issue, it's not not a cultural issue, it's not an ethnicity issue it's an issue completely motivated by racial biases. So calling it white privilege is the best way to address this because there are plenty of other majorities in this country who are not affected by the same biases.
No it is motivated by other issues, it's just that the overriding issue is race. The Southern strategy wouldn't work if there wasn't a class issue. It's important to recognize other issues that are tied into race because the race issue has had such a far reaching influence that it's no longer JUST about race, which is why Republicans find ammo to use against blacks that they can paint as not racist. I mean immigration in any form will always be a major influence on a country's politics and slavery is the most bizarre form of immigration any country has ever seen.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote