Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks About This Genre: Black Metal Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
ManifestBlasphemy666
Non Serviam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Fair enough.

I don't even know who they are. I just wanted a picture of some goons in makeup and that's what I got.

I've been discovering that Black Metal has a lot more to offer than I at first anticipated (kinda like punk I guess, though I've yet to properly explore that). In particular, I'm now all about that ABM: some of that stuff is lush. But basic black metal can be okay, but yeah as I think Frown said, a lot of it sounds very much the same, and it doesn't really encourage you to explore the genre too deeply. I reckon there's a lot of good stuff in there if you dig though.
Alot of it sounds the same yes...but also a lot of it sounds different especially when you factor in the sub genres of Black metal Melodic/Symphonic , Depressive Suicidal, Atmospheric and a few others I'm forgetting.

To say it all sounds the same is just ignorant imo I listen almost exclusively to Black Metal so I have heard quiet a few different bands who don't sound anything like each other.
ManifestBlasphemy666 is offline   Reply With Quote