Music Banter - View Single Post - The Handling of Personal Attacks Going Forward
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #455 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I'm sad to see an increase in personal sniping recently on MB. Mods seem pretty slack about handing out warnings these days, so I think we might all benefit if we were to remember the rules when we post:-

Quote:
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts.
What I notice is that it states clearly that we shouldn't be rude, insulting or make personal attacks.

Even though there is a general concensus irl that it is preferable to be open-minded, or un-biased or non-racist, none of those are MB requirements. What I'm saying is that even if you are reading the posts of someone you consider to be a bland, bigotted, close-minded racist who fails to get every joke and has lousy taste in music, that's still not a justification for breaking the rule about rude, insulting personal attacks.

My advice is to be tolerant; if you don't like a guy's politics or approach to music, don't fire off a personal insult. Instead, take a break, go to another thread and leave him be.