Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #54381 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Linda and I had not been happy living 24/7 under the same roof for quite a long time. All our little quirks that we use to be able to let slide were really getting under our skins to the point we were fighting all the time.

Linda split to live with her brother in Arizona on January 2nd. It only took a few days for me to realize she did the right thing because they was no longer tension in the house. We mutually agreed to a divorce, splitting everything 50/50.

We sold our home and both walked away with over $140K in cash. I bought the Winnebago outright and then she moved back to San Diego and got a goot job and also bought new furnishings and a car with cash.

We're getting along much better these past few months than we have in ages. We agreed to put off any divorce proceedings until at least next January because we have to meet with a financial consultant to discuss finances. We're talking about staying married for taxt purposes but just not living together.

We're less tahn a 30 minute drive from each other and have been hanging out together quite a bit. Just cause we're not living together doesn't mean I'm going to abandon all of the stuff she's relied on me for for the last 38 years.

Half of her electronics need hooking up and configuring. Last night I got her router working with her TVs so she can watch Netflix, etc., and today I'm setting up her wireless printer. I still have a BBQ grill and pedestal fan to assemble.

TL;DR

In life sometimes **** just happens.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote