Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #6154 (permalink)
Contrarian1
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It's been years since I've read those books so maybe I'd like Body Thief more now but after Memnoch she really had nothing left in the tank but clutching at straws about every character of interest's backstory. Her last two Vampire Chronicle novels were at least notable for including Lestat for the first time in years even if they were still not nearly as good as the early books.

Because Anne Rice is a self-indulgent, flowery writer who doesn't know how to write characters who aren't basically self-inserts. After the 53rd character's tedious monologue about how brilliant Mozart is it makes me like Mozart less.

Is volume 1 the first Dredd you've read? I assure you, you should continue after you finish it. I haven't read the first stories but OMG is Dredd addictive. Just ordered a new Dredd TPB yesterday that's the second half of the storyline I just finished and of course it's gonna be two weeks delivery from the UK. Luckily I just got the first volume of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men with the rest on the way so Imma be rereading the **** out of that till Dredd comes.

Ya it's the first Dread, but I did also order volume 2 at the same time so I will definitely continue after volume 1, I tend to like to start at the beginning. As stated in another thread Volume 1 contains the Robot Wars which I have already passed. So far I like Dread a lot and will probably continue past volume 2, but I have soo much stuff to read that it may take quite a while to get to volume 5. My bro has Amazon prime and the case files are not very expensive so that's a plus.

Do you collect comics or just read TPB?
Contrarian1 is offline   Reply With Quote