Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #6165 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrarian1 View Post
I have The complete Demon by Kirby in TPB, only read a little bit, would love to get the fourth world omnibus but it's like $160 Canadian off amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Damn it I just checked and it's on sale on Amazon for like $80 and I can't justify spending that right now but I know the price is gonna be back up when I'm good for it.
Give him your download link, Batty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No the vampires aren't dead, but after Memnoch the narrative was over, Lestat stopped being the focus, and it was almost nothing but cash grab origin stories treated as flashbacks and framed by modern day storylines that added little to nothing to the lore except giving characters boring endings so fans would feel like they had closure if they never appeared in another book. Not all bad, I seem to remember Armand's book being cool, but clearly Rice was just in it for the money.
The vampires were all dead. Every day another would come and immolate himself on the steps of the church, remember? One by one, she was having them commit suicide for the glory of God. Bit sickening, kind of like the USA when Communism fell.