Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #6169 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'M ****ING TELLING YOU AFTER HAVING READ NEARLY ALL OF THEM THAT A GREAT MANY AREN'T DEAD, YOU TWIT!!!

The story really wasn't affected by Memnoch tbh. Lestat just kind of faded into the background and it became about all the other ones, except many of the books weren't linked. Nobody even talks about anything that happened in Memnoch. Rice clearly had nowhere to go afterward so she just ignored it and told pointless stories about Armand and Marius and Pandora and whoever else that technically took place in the present but were mostly taken up with flashbacks and they're all the ****ing same even when they're interesting. For the last few books Rice even made it a crossover with The Mayfair Witches cause I guess that was as good an idea as any.

I repeat: you can probably forget whatever you assumed about the post-Memnoch books. Memnoch doesn't matter.
Don't get all upset. Also, why do you use an English word like twit? I think you're the only 'Murican I know who uses that word, and to be frank, few English people probably even use it now. It's not a hard enough insult to make any impression, and it's kind of linked to the English upper classes anyway.
Quote:
Oh **** I was just looking up the titles of the books on Wikipedia and there have been three new books since 2014 (the first since 2003). One of them is named Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis. I'm torn between cracking my skull open against the wall or riding my bike 20 miles to the nearest Barnes and Noble.
To burn it down?

Also, why not just download the new books?