Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:40 AM   #19573 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I was always taught that you shouldn't eat anything past its expiration date. That's the whole point of calling it an expiration date.
Who taught you that? There are two different types of dates. Best before and use by. Both of them mean different things. Best before = quality is at it's best before that date but fine to eat past that date, if you are throwing stuff away because it's past its best before date you are wasting perfectly good food. Use by = use by this date. But that's not always accurate either.

Quote:
If it were a recommendation, it should say that, or figure out when the actual expiration date is.
Lolz. It's not always possible to accurately say within a 24 hour period when something is going to be fine to eat or not. How has it been stored? Has it been frozen? The dates are recommendations that's why you check it yourself before eating.

Quote:
Like I said, i have an irrational fear of eating something past its expire date and getting sick. So I just follow the expiration date.
You've more than likely eaten meat that's off before and not known it or gotten sick tbh.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote