Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "West End Coast" by Young Gun Silver Fox
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

There's just no way I can take a positive spin on this one. I did give it a try but I couldn't. I tend to skip this sort of music pretty fast when browsing around for new tracks. It just doesn't grab me.

I can hear that this band has put some effort into creating a certain sound, but I'm just not feeling it. I've heard so much that sounds just like this and I find the vocals especially hard to care about. The delivery and vocal melodies are so predictable. This guy can sing, but my mind wouldn't stop screaming "Discount Prince! Poor man's Simply Red! And I don't even really like Simply Red!". Whenever I managed to silence that voice for a moment, I was feeling frustrated that the music seemed dead set on avoiding ever feeling involving for more than 5 seconds at a time.

And I felt like basically every single song went on for longer than it should have. The last minute of each song was pretty tedious for me.

There was a pretty cool sounding instrumental moment in one song, but I can't remember which one.

Of course it doesn't sound bad, but I'm honestly feeling an overwhelming desire to skip ahead early in every song, already on the second time through the album.

Gonna have to disagree with a certain sentiment expressed by Nea and vote "disliked it". I'm legit bored here.

Last edited by MicShazam; 08-09-2018 at 04:16 AM. Reason: spelling
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote