Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "West End Coast" by Young Gun Silver Fox
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 05:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

I have a love/meh reaction to Shawn Lee's music. I think he's an exceptionally talented musician/songwriter/arranger/producer with some great stuff like 'World of Funk' (my pick for round 1 of the album club) and some rather well made but forgettable albums that drift in one ear and out the other without sticking in my mind. This album is very well done all around and perfectly captures the 70's sound of radio-friendly soft-rock groups like Hall & Oats, Seals & Crofts, The Doobie Brothers and more ( I even heard some Captain & Tennille influences) but it just didn't grab me or thrill me. Overall, it sounds like top 40 music from the 70's that you would often hear on the radio, while you were in a car or at the beach (for example) without bothering to pay much attention to it while it played in the background.

I gave it a "like" because it really nails the top 40 soft-rock sound of that time so well and it's easy on the ears but it's not an album that I'll be adding to my collection any time soon.

6.5/10

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote