Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 04:32 AM   #141 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassoonPlatoon View Post
I would not even quantify this. I think everyone develops a resilience.
It's pretty clear that adidass and I were talking about more resilience than average, not that LGBT are the only people with resilience at all. No offense, but I honestly didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to interpret it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassoonPlatoon View Post
Sex is such a large part of social life that it has basically come to dominate most real world interaction. It is probably even worse for "straight people" because any time they do anything with a member of the opposite sex it is assumed that they are dating or wanting to date. The pressure socially to reproduce or mate is astoundingly mystifying.
Yeah, 'cause LGBT people are never pressured by people into following those norms and gender roles. And then **** on mercilessly when they refuse to.

But here's a question: How often do straight people face violence due to their orientation, or these cultural pressures? And I'm not talking about the occasional fist fight over a girl/guy that you like. I'm talking serious and constant hostility with intent to maim both physically and psychologically.

Have you ever been called a *** by your dad? Had **** thrown at you as you try to walk/bike anywhere? Get jumped so often that you have to learn how to kick ass just to not get curb stumped by homophobes?

For ****s sake, it's still legal for the parents of LGBT teenagers to send them to "scared straight" camps, where they're starved and basically tortured until they recant. Look it up, that ****'s terrifying.

Btw, unless you're still in high school, pretty much nobody gives a **** if you have female friends, and whether or not you're having sex with them. Once you become an adult, you pretty much just have to deal with the terrible pressure of the occasional phone call from your grandparents when they ask when they will finally get grandchildren to dote over. However, being LGBT makes you a target for life. I could post news stories about LGBT clubs being barred and set on fire, or LGBT people being forced into concentration camps in Nazi Germany, or a whole bunch of stories just this past month about people being targeted for their orientation, but tbh, you can do your own research. That is, if you actually care about the issue.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 08-10-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote