Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band With Crap Musicians
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 AM   #45 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojesus
I don't know about my decision to vote for The Sex Pistols in this thread. I can't really see the good musicians in there, but maybe it's because they never show their musical ability truly, y'know, because of all the Punk-ness. I'm confused. Help me!
Well, Paul Cook is actualy not bad, people call him a sh*tty drummer a lot, but thats just because they are in a band pretty much everybody (that i know) hates, but Steve Jones has said that he basicly ripped off Johnny Thunder's guitar playing style, and Thunders himself is known as one of the most technicaly limited (but still kickass) players of all time...And everybody knows Sid couldnt play a half decent line if his life depended on it, which is why he didnt even play on Never Mind The Bollocks, and live they would use overdubs, and all he would do is mimic on the instrument, basicly he made no real instrumental contribution to the band whatsoever, he was more a less a stand in model, he had the punk image, and punks everywhere identified with him, he was part of what made the band famous and marketable, so even if he REALLY wasnt involved with the making of the music, his departure is still one of the many things that led to the band breaking up, he still did get co-writing credit on the songs though, dont know how much he contributed if anything.

Either way, hes a top canidate for worst bass player of all time, Glen was better, hell Steve Jones was better.

Steve and Johnny were both WAY more involved in the songwriting, but neither are anywhere as popular or well known as Sid Vicious, because he has that iconic punk rock image, and that will probably never change.

Oh and he allegedly killed his girlfriend and ODed, that might also have something to do with it.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote