Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #19737 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

don't just take it from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post

I'm going to start by saying I have no idea how you made some of this. Are you that awesome of a guitar player? Or were those samples too? There are some solos that absolutely shred on this thing.

Overall this is one of the most pure fun albums I've heard in a long time. Your usage of sampling is exquisite throughout and consistently thematic and impressive in its integration. I love that you brought back the wrestling samples from the previous album. I don't care at all about pro wrestling but it fits so well with the style you're working with here.

It's basically impossible to predict what is coming next, but what you do know is that it's going to be fast, aggressive, and in-your-face...but not in an unpleasant or dissonant way. This isn't a harsh noise album or anything like that, it just goes hard and it goes hard for the entire runtime. There are occasional tracks that change up the whole vibe, like Blaze Runner which is a highlight, but it does it without lowering the tempo which keeps the album flowing with the same intensity throughout.

I can't comment too specifically on many of the individual tracks as I was seriously zoning out while listening to it, but overall this project is so incredibly inventive and exciting that I would recommend it to most of the members here. This is genuinely one of my favorite albums of the year that I have heard. Also, the closer is ****ing perfect.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote