Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #15694 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I gotta expand on my point and not throw yours under the bus though. The graphics and character designs of Mass Effect are art sure, but it's the way that they come together to make a universe that immerses me that contributes to the art of the game. So graphics are certainly part of the art of games, they're just not necessarily as important as the actual mechanics, but they also can be depending on the game.
I agree 100%. If a game can mechanically drive me to enjoy the game more, I certainly would consider that art. Hell, Shadow of War is the perfect example. The fighting mechanics alone can be considered an art form as they're done so ****ing well. Same can be said about the KOTOR games. The character interactions you have and what happens to the world around you can certainly be art. I'd like to say I can probably put it side by side in terms of what I think is more important, graphics or mechanics, but I'd say I'd lean more toward feeling more immersed with great mechanics and if they have great graphics, it's a big plus. A lot of games do both things extremely well.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote