Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you do?
Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I worked as an architectual technician in London for thirteen years before that entire job niche imploded in the 1990's due to a recession. Luckily I have been able, with a hop, skip and jump, to re-invent myself as an English language teacher in a Mexican university.

Spoiler for Jobs I leave off my CV:
I was fortunate enough to grow up at a time when jobs were easy to find: basically, if you were young, fit and literate you could find a job the same day you started looking. And, from age eleven, I always seemed to be looking: first I was as a newspaper delivery boy, then from age sixteen, I started working on Saturdays and school vacations: shop assistant, busboy/dishwasher, car-park attendant, petrol pump attendant, and as counter staff in a café/ice-cream parlor.

I've also done some short-lived permanent jobs:
- porter in a department store, which lead to promotion to delivery-van-driver's assistant: I was in charge of the maps, and one end of whatever piece of furniture we were delivering.
- as a guy on a clothing production line
- as an "animal maintenance technician", which meant feeding and cleaning out caged animals.