Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 07:33 AM   #105 (permalink)
LukeM_UK
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent
TheBig3 said that the first two bands you listed were bands that were no longer making good music, to which you responded that that was only his crackpot views or something to that extent.
It doesn't matter if they're making good music now, the point is that they're British and they have made good music in the past. And when I was on about his crackpot views, I was fighting back for him contradicting me. I was not very impressed by the way he tried to put me down like that.

Quote:
You then proceeded to say you had never heard David Gilmour and that "they" must therefore be crap
I didn't actually say that they were crap, I merely stated that the can't be that popular if I've never heard of them, you know like The Beatles or Elton John (everyone's heard of them).

But why did he try to force a band name into conversation when we were having an argument??

I didn't know what the hell he was trying to tell me.

Quote:
(there goes band number two)
What do you mean?

Quote:
and then that it didn't matter that Prodigy no longer made good music which is just flat out contradicting yourself.
How an I contradicting myself?? I never said that a band had to be making good music now for them to matter, I said that they have made good music in the past. And I think The Prodigy are very good, even though their last major hit was probably back in 1997 with 'Breathe'.

-
LukeM_UK is offline   Reply With Quote