Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #54728 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I guess the same reason I got a six pack next to me.
Yeah, I understand, but come on. If you don't have the money to buy booze you do without. Hawk keeps losing hand over fist and yet he won't, or can't, stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Hawk I'm just wondering why you bet with what seems like an independant, small scale bookie? If you win big how do you know they're going to pay up in full? I mean it doesn't seem like a large company like William Hill or Paddy Power who would have to pay up. What would be stopping this guy from keeping your money and voiding your bet for some silly reason?

I don't bet at all these days, I've done it a handful of times when new customer offers were involved and won all of those bets, so I'm in the 4% (I think) who are in the black. I would only ever gamble with a well known bookie if I had another bet.
The key words here are "if you win big", which so far, sad to say, he doesn't seem to have done. Is it true then, the old adage that gamblers (we gotta call him a gambler now don't we?) don't play to win, they play to lose?

Note to Hawk: I'm not trying or intending to be preachy here. I'm genuinely worried that you're going to go so deep in you'll never get back out. You need to stop now.