Music Banter - View Single Post - Opinions on deep purple and megadeth
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I really liked United Abominations. The biggest problem I have with it is that flattened-out Andy Sneap production job and how the new version of A Tout Le Monde doesn't fit so well in with the rest. I don't actually mind the remake, but it's just way more pop-rock on a mostly pretty thrash metal album.

Back when I originally bought the album, I remember taking a long time to really appreciate it. I think the sound of the album really kept me at arms length. I did come around eventually and I do think there's a lot of good songs on the album. The opening 5 tracks or so are very entertaining. I especdially love Sleepwalker.

Even Endgame, which they did at the end of the same decade, still produced by Andy Sneap, is a much better album to my ears. It just feels more raw and energetic.

However, I pretty much like all Megadeth albums, so it has to be said that I still consider UA the weakest album they did that whole decade. I do like Rust in Piece more overall, but my personal favorite Megadeth albums are So Far So Good So What, Countdown to Extinction and Cryptic Writings.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote