Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is It That We Love About MB?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Yes, MB is a lot of fun. I love the way all its content is built up on a basis of constructive collaboration; someone is inspired to open a thread and that idea is picked up/extended/deflected/ridiculed as other members see fit.

As others have mentioned, there is input from people in other countries, and an almost limitless quantity of music info, recs, etc. But for most people who stay, it's the social interaction that keeps us here. You get to learn the characteristics of different members so that even when you're just lurking, you can enjoy the interplay of different people; reading a thread can be as enjoyable as reading the conversation in a good book.

And when you venture to post, you become part of a community who have a real passion for music. All of us contribute examples, philosophy or trivia and if you're a reg member, your contribution is often acknowledged: you become, in a limited way, famous - or at least you can win the approval of people that you approve of. That last phrase, btw, is not mine: it's Arthur Koestler's definition of what we all secretly yearn for in our social interactions.

So, yeah, MB has been a very rewarding experience for me. Thanks to all of you!