Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #7360 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nah, you just suck at inferring. Either way it doesn't seem like you're arguing against a point that anyone is actually making.
I kind of assumed you could read. Here, let me help you:

How many people do you see get the criticism Sterling gets?" Wright said.

"The football criticism is something every player has to deal with, but what he gets I don't see any other footballer getting," former England forward Wright added on BBC Radio 5 live's Monday Night Club.

"They don't get that stick because for whatever reason they don't rub up the people in the corridors of power the wrong way. I think there is an agenda against him.

"There is an element of people at high end of the media who want to keep that guy down. Simple.

"When you look at the wave of criticism that he takes, there is a certain amount of racism towards it - what else can it be?

"They are picking on him because of the the background he has come from and they want to keep him down, drag him back down. They don't want him to continue to be a success.

"People say you are playing the racism card, but you give me a good reason why Raheem Sterling gets the stick he gets for just being a footballer."

Answer: cos he couldn't finish most times if his ****ing life depended on it.
Now you tell me that Wright isn't saying you shouldn't criticise a black player and that if you do it's racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...verley-3138186

Another victim of racism in football
Another poor black guy being held back by Whitey.