Music Banter - View Single Post - Reverb tips
Thread: Reverb tips
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Sure I do From your description, I would recommend the Steve Hoffman forums. I've used them a little bit and find them to be very active, mature and friendly.

URL: Music Corner | Steve Hoffman Music Forums
Thanks. It looks interesting and certainly technologically much more advanced that lil' ole mb. Maybe as a personal preference, I'd prefer something with a set up similar to MB, that one is all just lumped in together. Also, I think it's a little intimidating to have a thread about the new Paul McCartney album that has 20k replies.

Maybe not what I'd look for to actively participate in but possibly to gather information on.

Also, what I said before about the type of crowd that's there stands for that forum, as an offshoot of a technically specialized one it's filled with people who are probably a little older and professionally more involved with music (and also explains why they have the money to be up to date).

I guess there are more forums out there which are more active and have more members, but then maybe it gets too big and intimidating. I've always felt mb straddles the middle quite nicely, it's neither too big nor too small. Time will tell if it will sink or swim ultimately, left largely to its own devices as it seems to be for the past decade (or maybe they're actually doing quite a bit of work in the background, no idea really).

Anyways, nice chatting with you again tore! Congrats on the family and things!

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote