Music Banter - View Single Post - The MB Writers' Club
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default The MB Writers' Club

Just an idea. More than a few of us here consider ourselves writers, or at least write stuff, and I thought it might be nice to have a thread in which we could discuss things like technique, inspiration, work practices, methods, as well as what we're working on or have completed. It could be a place to swap ideas, give or receive advice, and just generally talk about writing.

I know we have the "What Are You Writing Now?" thread, but that's a little restricted and really a place just to post or talk about what you're actually writing. This would, I hope, be a little more freeform, and allow us to discuss other things than our current projects.

I'd ask anyone who intends to participate to be polite and respectful of others; not everyone will like everyone else's style, and of course, as writers we should all be ready to take criticism, but just simply putting down the efforts of other writers should be discouraged, even if you think you're the greatest thing ever to happen to the written word. All views should be accepted and respected, and if anyone wants to post stuff they've written - or are working on - here, instead of the other thread, then there should really be nothing to stop you doing that.

Non-writers are of course welcome too, but let's try to keep it friendly and generally on-topic if we can. For once in a thread of mine, I'm not setting any rules, but I would ask that we all remember those immortal words of Bill and Ted, "Be excellent to each other".