Music Banter - View Single Post - Best comedy specials on Netflix
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 04:34 AM   #87 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Probably they would and should be mad that they have to do something like that to further their careers.

What is really shocking for me in this whole story is that the general consensus was apparently that men in power could do pretty much whatever they wanted with impunity. This is the only reason why he acted the way he did. Only now, finally, after all of these women have found the courage to speak up, has there been a radical shift in the paradigm. So hopefully people like Louis will think twice before they decide to abuse their power.
There are plenty of people who aren't in a position of power that have the same urges and do the same fucked up shit, likewise, there are people in power that don't choose to abuse it in any way whatsoever. Who knows why he did what he did. I think that chalking it up to just being a straight white male in a position of privilege is a bit short-sighted. Maybe he has some weird sexual fetish or mental disorder that caused him to want to jerk off in front of people.

That being said, people abusing their authority is nothing new [#PrimaNocta]. It is nice to see that it is no longer being tolerated [at least in this specific arena]. Perhaps this new found sense of empowerment will spread to other areas and we can root out the evils that have been plaguing our governmental, judicial and economical institutions as well.

But I still stand by the fact that I don't feel sorry for people who consent to watching a dude jerk off and then cry about it afterward. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote