Music Banter - View Single Post - Your forum "tone of voice"
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I'm more or less the same in real life. (though quieter and more aloof till I'm fully comfortable around them, like any normal human) I am overly accommodating and nice and polite to strangers-- a side effect, I think, of overcompensating for the social anxiety I used to have-- which often leads to them assuming they should immediately tell me their life story and talk about mystery rashes on their bodies, but I'm okay with this for the most part. Can be draining though. I've definitely been nicer than I should have to those who did not deserve it in the past. Nowadays I'm far more stoic and detached (especially after one of my former supervisors developed an inappropriate fixation with me), but I'm never impolite unless they're clearly awful.

And in terms of how I act online, honestly it just depends on the forum/people and the atmosphere. I generally like the atmosphere of MB (the fact that I'm inexplicably very fond of a lot of you gremlins probably helps)-- I just ignore the posters and threads that I know will inevitably annoy me and remain unbothered.