Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #10797 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I always felt like the most fun part was when you were at that tipping point right before you finally manage to get the upper hand and establish yourself as a strong empire.

I sold a lot of games earlier this year, just slimming my games shelf down to the essentials. Samurai Warriors 2 Empires got the knife. Kinda regretting that maybe a tiny bit right now

But I've still got several other games in the series. Kept all of my favorites.
I had Samurai Warriors 2 and SW2 Empires at the same time years ago (don't have them anymore unfortunately) and they have massive nostalgia for me not just because they were some of my earliest DW games but because I was smoking a lot of weed at the time, and if you don't smoke then you have no idea just how much fun they are when you're baked off your ass. You're just hypnotized by savaging hundreds of peons at a time and the neon visuals are absolutely amazing. If you ever take the plunge into smoking a joint or a bowl or a bong, I implore you to start up a Dynasty Warriors game because they will blow your mind.

I was inspired to talk about these games today because I just ordered the first Gundam game on Amazon. By far my favorite DW story game. I love how the non-main character campaigns get into goofy fanfiction territory. Haman Karn's oddball romance with the main character from the second Gundam series is my favorite thing from those games.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote