Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Glam Rock type band/artist
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Life on Mars is one of my all time favorite Bowie songs, and videos. I could put the song on repeat and lose myself in the song.
^ Yes, that's one of the strongest songs on an album of great material.

Quote:
The band didn't have much album success but I heard they were a great live band. They started as a typical Rock band with no chart luck, and Bowie help them out by giving them the song "All the Young Dudes" which help revive the band.
^ I'm not much of a fan myself, but a friend of mine will tell you to this day that Mott The Hoople was the most exciting concert he ever went too.

Rather on the edges of glam rock are The Sensational Alex Harvey Band; they seemed to toy with the idea of glam, but the whole band never quite comitted to it:-

Long-term, perhaps the drummer's reluctance to glam up his performance was justified, because with hindsight a lot of glam-rock excesses look a little ridiculous today - especially after you've seen this wonderful spoof by The Tubes. In this clip, don't let the theatricals distract you from what is a powerful song with an outro that any band might envy:-

( The "Q" guitar, btw, is for lead singer, Quay Lude. )

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 08-18-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote