Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #7432 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
You're wrong though and you deny the truth because you seem offended at the thought of it and because you are a bit of a bigot. The fact is Americans do watch soccer and it's the third most attended sport in the US. The English Premier League is a top trend in the US when it's being played. So is the CL.

I wasn't even talking about the fans anyway. I was talking about the league and the strength of it. The quality on show. World class players in their peaks playing there not using it as a final payday before retirement.

We can discuss it if you want, Charles.
Nobody watches soccer, nobody talks about soccer, nobody cares about soccer, and soccer is not aired on television besides ESPN. Your information is wrong and I don't know why you think you'd know better than an American. I guess the British think they know better than everyone.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote