Music Banter - View Single Post - LCD Soundsystem
Thread: LCD Soundsystem
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #186 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I believe that's a special edition.

Anyhoo, I got to about half of the new album. Kind of a letdown to be honest. Stylistically it sounds like the b-side of Sound of silver, they don't seem to have progressed much in the last 3 years. I can change is pretty much All my friends.

Will give it a few more chances...I guess...:\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
Now that I've had 9 days to sit with the new LCD record, I can safely say it's nowhere near as good as their first three. That parts obvious, I'm sure I'm not in the minority that thinks that. I think my only gripe with it is that it sounds like a record that was recorded at Colombia. I mean, it literally sounds so pristine and glossed over that it takes away that looseness of prior records in their catalog.

With all that being said, I still enjoy it quite a bit, no particular song sounds the same and not one track do I dislike. Solid 7/10. Which is slightly disappointing. But still a good album.
So basically, what I've concluded after having re-listened to This is happening and also having played American Dream a few times is that they were never really a band of great innovation so it's pointless to fault them for it. Their whole schtick was to regurgitate all of their various influences in a new package and all of their albums are pretty much a continuation of the same story. And so, all of them are very listenable, if a tad repetitive, but at least they haven't and probably will never make a misstep like Arcade fire did with Everything now. And that's fine.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote