Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Video Game Classics
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #261 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Because it's weird to **** on a game that you for one haven't played, and two, when the game is seen as objectively good amongst fans of the series, you'll get a lot of backlash. Especially if your reasoning is that you haven't played it. How can you say you don't like it if you havent played it? That's like saying an album sucks without listening to it.
I just noticed this line. No piece of art or entertainment can be objectively good. When someone starts insisting that someone can't be argued against, that's when I'll feel tempted to argue against it out of spite. The "objectively good game" police can eat my dick.

For example: I really hate the combat system in the Arkham games. You don't have to agree, but I don't consider it good and no one can tell me I have to change my mind.

For some reason, you see the idea that something is objectively good a lot among gamers, but not a lot among people who are interested in other forms of art. It's that nerdy, technical mind that over rationalizes and quantifies everything that's the root of this, I think.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote