Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #13303 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...dollars-2018-8

This also covers a fair amount of ground, but the important piece here is that Cohen didn't start getting reimbursed by Trump for his "legal services" until 2017, long after the election had run its course. Money was actually spent in 2016 by Cohen for a variety of things, plus he was doing a lot of illegal actions (like the stuff with AT&T and others who wanted access to Trump) with his practice on the side that Trump was unaware of, which complicates the situation. If Cohen was seeking reimbursement from Trump, where did he get the money in the first place? They need to prove that Cohen had access to campaign funds or some other source other than his own personal money / assets.
I imagine we'll hear more from Cohen in the coming days. I'm just finding this all fascinating. It's like a humongous dramatic scene out of a movie. I do need to do more reading on it because I've just been going by news headlines and a newspaper I read at work. I'm just finding it interesting.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote