Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing mods
Thread: Missing mods
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ This is an amusing remark, but maybe there's a message in the fact that this stupid topic pops up every other month! Although de-modding people who no longer contribute is not an urgent issue, there are now a few of us who feel it should be attended to.

One of my motives for requesting it is out of a sense of tidy-mindedness. I know it's not the most visited page on MB, but this page should be a current list and not just some out-dated reminder of who used to be active here:-

https://www.musicbanter.com/showgroups.php

Another reason is exactly as adidasss has explained:-

^ It rankles in my democratic heart that however much regular posters may contribute here, there are others who are accorded greater privileges even though they post nothing at all. Here's a recent photo of a particularly heated debate in the mod cave, which bears an uncanny resemblance to England's House of Lords:-

At least, to the credit of the inactive mods, we don't have to pay them a salary for sleeping on the job.
I'd also add that not removing them just confirms the general feeling of abandonment of this place, like "who cares, it doesn't matter anyway, this is good enough". Sorry, but if I'm participating in this place currently, I'd also like to see it run well.

A mod status is obviously a privileged status that usually comes as an award for active and positive contributions to the community. Keeping the status for members who are no longer interested in contributing kinda demeans the status and the members who still try to contribute positively... :/

For me anyway...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote