Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 12:14 AM   #560 (permalink)
Key

Dead Cells (part 2)

I recently did an entry on Dead Cells as a part of my "steam library" thing I've got going on. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about it. And I realized that back when I was talking about it before, I hadn't actually fully experienced what the full 1.0 version had to offer. All I knew is that the game was still really solid and that my time with it was going to both improve and increase. But tonight, I legitimately had a good enough run that allowed me to see so much more of what the game had to offer. And I'm assuming there's even more that I haven't seen. But this stuff is just the stuff that I've seen for the first time. And I gotta say, I'm impressed.

The Time Keeper

Something I didn't realize is the fact that they've added a whole different boss apart from the ones that I've experienced before. It's pretty crazy that they've managed to sort of just slip this by me and I hadn't even seen it until tonight. Although my run was pretty strong, this guy was pretty tough, especially once you get his health pretty low. He's got some pretty off the wall mechanics and it legitimately feels tough, but in a good way. Nice to see a whole new boss. I wonder if there's more.

Castle

They've added an entire new variant of floors. I've only seen a little bit of this one because it's ****ing tough. But I expected it to be tough considering it's pretty far into the game. Seeing it for the first time in all its glory was pretty amazing. The graphics work really well with the style they went for this floor, and I'm excited to see what comes after it. It's certainly made the runs a lot longer but was more exciting and varied. This definitely works with all the positive changes they've made to the game mechanically. Certainly a nice addition. Again, I wonder if there are other floors I have yet to see.

There may only be two things but they're 2 pretty big things in my opinion. I continue to love playing Dead Cells. It's pretty much the perfect roguelike for me because I love this sort of combat in side scrollers. Just action packed fun and such a great team behind the game. The state that the game is in now is a full on showing of how much the developers love this game.