Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who is starting to get sick of "classic" pop/rock?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #94 (permalink)
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea
AllTheWhileYouChargeAFee

OK I've got one particular classic rock song I'm getting particularly sick of. For a particular reason (that has nothing to do with hearing it in the supermarket).

My co-worker who sits in the cubicle next to me has Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl for his ringtone when his wife calls (I presume she has brown eyes!). He get calls from her ALL THE TIME, sometimes, like, 5 times a day (though other times maybe just once a day). And he's had this ringtone ever since he started working here more than two years ago (actually, early this year he had something different for several months when he got a new phone and couldn't figure out how to get custom ringtones for a while - which was a HUGE relief!). Anyway, so, for some two years I can't tell you how many times I've had to listen to the opening riff of Brown Eyed Girl. I am so sick of it sometimes I wanna scream! I personally can't believe he, himself, hasn't gotten sick of it yet after having had to listen to the thing many hundreds of times. I know I am. I get the stupid song stuck in my head ALL THE TIME. A month or two ago I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and started getting that song stuck in my head. It's gotten to the point where, a lot of times all he does is show up for work (he gets to work a half-hour after me), and I get Brown Eyed Girl running through my head. I AM SICK OF THAT SONG!

I used to think it was a great song, but when you have to listen to it hundreds of times, you get sick of it really fast.

/rant