Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Natural
Thread: Sounds Natural
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
That has nothing to do with disc golf, it was just a way of saying "Hear this", or "Put this sound in your ear hole". Unless, of course, you were making a joke that I totally missed.
^ Sorry! Cochlear was a new word for me so I thought it meant the chain&basket target. oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
*cough*

I really enjoy low traffic on very wide roads or in places with a lot of space in between the buildings on the opposite side of the road. There's a cool reverb to it.
^ Yes, I thought he'd get a mention sooner or later, but yes, he's absolutely right. I'm going to pay more attention to sounds if I can - which is something you must've done, Frownland, to like something so specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Not very original, but I like the sound of rain.
^ Rain is a favourite sound for many people: very natural, very relaxing. This sound is neither of those things: it's kind of stressful in a minor way, esp when you are actually in the tunnel, getting the full force of the acoustics.

Ironically, the tension-inducing sound of arrival is what you are hoping for: every day many Londoners strain their ears for that first hollow metalic whisper, because it means they'll be able to advance their journey. Conversely, the smoother sound of the retreating train is something you learn to loathe. It means, "Drat! I've just missed a train and now I'll have to wait for another."