Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #201 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Wow! I bet that would be interesting - especially to see Chicago itself. Have u been there, Plankton? As I'm sure you know it was "the birthplace of the skyscraper." Skyscrapers were a great solution to the problem of putting big office buildings on small sites, but when you have the luxury of space, there's a another solution too:-

^There's some structural spaghetti for ya. Very cool.^

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. Aside from a stint in the military and being stationed in Germany, I've lived here my entire life. It's a beautiful city. We used to park along LSD and bike down to Rush St and hit a few bars every now and then. I remember working next to the stock yards by Comisky (Guaranteed Rate Field now... smh), doing some electrical drawings for the McCormick Place expansion project, and the smell of bacon was everywhere.

Many Cubs games, many Sox games, Bears games, Sears Tower (Now Willis Tower... again, smh) trips, Water Tower Place, Navy Pier, Boating down the Chicago river and into Lake MI, Air & Water Show, Oak St Beach, concerts at the many venues around town, and an occasional convention or two. I probably left some things out, but I can safely say I've done just about everything you can do around here. It's way too crowded though.